Report from the 34th Board Meeting, February 17, 2012, Viena
The board has approved the membership applications of two new societies to EUROSIM.
National Modelling an Simulation Society (NMSS) from Russia
Liophant Simulation, international group, Genova
After the Board Meeting
- Opening, approval of the agenda
- Approval of the minutes of EUROSIM 33th Board Meeting, Cambridge, 31 March 2011
- Report of the President
- Reports of the Secretary and the Treasurer
- Reports of the Editor-in-Chiefs SIMPRA, SNE
- Reports/remarks/suggestions of EUROSIM member societies and EUROSIM observer member societies
- New Membership Applications:
- Russian Simulation Society
- Liophant Simulation Society
- EUROSIM membership potentials: news from BULSIM, SRBISIM, Kosovo
- EUROSIM WEB
- EUROSIM events between two congresses
- EUROSIM Congress 2013 in Cardiff
- Next EUROSIM presidency and congress
- Any other business
Other important points
The president informed the Board that he received a letter from Elsevier notifying EUROSIM that Elsevier is not welling to renew the agreement signed in 1992 connecting SIMPRA and EUROSIM. Henri Pierreval will write to Elsevier again trying to highlight the potential benefits of continuing the association of SIMPRA with EUROSIM and probably work out new set of principles and conditions for this association.
The MATHOD 2012 Conference was organised as EUROSIM Conference and was very successful with more than 400 participants. The MATHMOD 2012 conference will contribute with 4000 Euros to EUROSIM.
BULSIM - will aply for the membership, as soon as they will reach all coditions.
SRBISIM - decison for acceptance postponed, a representative must participate to a future board meeting.
KO-SIM (Kosovo) Prof. Edmond Hajrizi expressed the willingness of KO-SIM to become member of EUROSIM. Applicaton is expected in near future.
SIMS will organise the next EUROSIM Congress in 2016. The venue is still not defined.
The next board meeting will take place in Berlin in December 2012 in conjunction with the Winter Simulation Conference (Dec. 9-12).