ASIM is organizing or co-organizing international congresses and conferences (for details, see ASIM website www.asim-gi.org):
- ASIM SPL, the ASIM Section Simulation in Production and Logistics (ASIM SPL) organises the bi-annual international conference Simulation in Production and Logistics (200 - 300 participants)
- All ASIM sections are organizing the bi-annual Symposium Simulation Technique ASIM-STS, since 2010 mainly English language-based (150 - 200 participants)
- The ASIM Sections organise annual workshops (up to 150 participants) and short meetings (about 50 participants, partly in English)
- ASIM is co-organiser of the triennial international conference series MATHMOD Vienna (300 - 400 participants)
- ASIM co-operates in organising the triennial EUROSIM Congress.
The ASIM sections organize annual section workshops and working group meetings (for details, see ASIM website www.asim-gi.org):
- The ASIM sections ASIM GMMS Basic Principles and Methods in Simulation and ASIM STS Simulation in Technical Systems organize an annual workshop on their topics, with partly English-language based contributions
- The ASIM Section Simulation in Environmental Sciences and Geosciences organize an annual workshop, in co-operation with GI - Umweltinformatik
- ASIM sections organize meetings of their working groups (WG) , e.g. WG Traffic Simulation, WG Simulation and AI, WG Complex Systems and Big Data, WG Simulation in management Sciences, WG Cost-based Simulation, WG Simulation-based Optimization, WG Formal Methods for Process Models.
ASIM is mutual co-sponsor of international congresses and conferences (reduced fee for members)
The scope of the MATHMOD Conference Series - Vienna International Conference on Mathematical Modelling (www.mathmod.at) - covers theoretic and applied aspects of the various types of mathematical modelling (equations of various types, automata, Petri nets, bond graphs, qualitative and fuzzy models, etc.) for systems of dynamic nature (deterministic, stochastic, continuous, discrete or hybrid with respect to time, etc.). The topics to be discussed include e.g.
- modelling theory; first-principles, identification, optimization, order reduction and validation
- automation of modelling and software tools
- computer modelling, modelling for/by simulation, co-simulation, modelling standards
- qualitative, modular, interdisciplinary modelling
- comparison of methods for modelling, alternative modelling methods (CAS, fuzzy, NN, QSS, etc.)
- model analysis and calibration, effects of modelling errors on overall performance of an engineering system
- applications in the field of engineering systems and in natural sciences
- applications in environmental systems, biotechnology, etc.
- applications in operation research, logistics and planning
- applications in medicine, physiology, health care and health technology assessment
- education in/for/with modelling
- modelling aspects in scientific computing
- modelling for control and real-time applications
The conference series MATHMOD in Vienna was started in February 1994 with the 1st MATHMOD, followed by MATHMOD conferences in February 1997, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, and 2018. Since 2006 MATHMOD Conferences are co-organised by ASIM under the flagship of EUROSIM Events, with IFAC as publication co-sponsor. Next conference: is MATHMOD 2021, the 10th Vienna International Conference on Mathematical Modelling, in February 2021 in Vienna, see www.mathmod.at